Monday, May 4, 2015

Mason Jar Decor


Wooden Plaque with Mason Jars

This was my inspiration piece from Target.  I thought it was super cute, but I did not want to spend $25 on it and I thought I could probably make it cuter for less.  I already have a bunch of pallet pieces laying around so while I was painting my bench for our kitchen table I took a pallet in the size I wanted and dry brushed it heirloom white to give it an shabby antique look.

Easter weekend my sister-in-law, mother-in-law and I left for Canton for the day. Canton is the best place to find good deals and neat gifts/decor etc.  I knew I wanted three jars like the picture so I set out to get three blue mason jars.  I love mason jars and have quite a collection whether it be my drinking cups or they are used for decor.  I found the mason jars for super cheap and identical.  It was meant to be!

Then the hubby and I were at Lowe's and to finish the project I needed three pipe clamps and some hardware.  When we got back home I ran into a few small glitches.  The mason jars have a smaller diameter on the top than the bottom so to attach to the board I needed to up the height.  I found three little wooden blocks that I had from another project and glued them on equally spaced out on my pallet.

Once the wooden blocks were glued on I drilled screws into the pipe clamps through the blocks into the pallet.  The screws were used versus nails so I could insure it would hold the jars.  Then I put the jars into the clamps and tighten them around the jars.

Then I attached a wire hanger on the back and hung above my desk.  My decor could be decorative or currently it holds my paintbrushes and fun markers and pens.


At first I thought I hung it to high above my desk, but it worked out because it could be decor as well as functional and underneath my desk I am wanting to fill the empty space with idea boards and probably some pictures of my kiddos.



Definitely a fun quick project!








Supplies:

  • Pallet wood
  • Three Jars
  • Three pipe clamps
  • Three wooden blocks (opt)
  • Wood Glue
  • Three screws
  • Picture Hanger

No comments: