Saturday, August 2, 2008

18 week check-up

Nick and I went to our doctor's appointment to get the results of our ultra sound on how the baby is growing and doing.  She said everything looked great, heartbeat was 162 and then of course me being the planner had all these questions for her.  She was like wow you are on the ball, we were going to discuss these later, but since you are asking....

The only thing that did not go well in the appointment and I'm not sure how to react to it, because I don't know if it is a common thing or not.  I have a low lined placenta, meaning my placenta is not really in the right place it should be.  She did not seem to be worried about it yet, because it was not covering my cervix or within 2cm of my cervix.  Therefore her hopes is that as I continue to grow and the baby continues to grow it will push the placenta back into place.  So I will be required to get another ultrasound when I'm 26 weeks to see if that has occurred or not.  Good thing, I will get to see our baby again.....bad thing, I will have drink loads of water and suffer the need to pee during the ultrasound.  

If all looks good, she says I will not get another ultrasound until I'm 36 weeks, so she can prepare for delivery.  Please pray for our family that God works a miracle and places my placenta in the right location and everything else goes smoothly. 

No comments: