Monday, November 8, 2010

Raising boys

All for one and one for all
My brother and my friend
What fun we have
The time we share
Brothers 'til the end.
~Author Unknown

Nick and I have the best child ever. Connor is our greatest love and joy in our life. He can turn on every single emotion a person can feel towards a person with a click of a switch. We are truly blessed to have such a healthy and smart son. He will grow to be a great leader and passionate person. He loves sports and the outdoors and he sure has a temper that shows his stubborn side. Next weekend we will be celebrating Connor's 2nd birthday even though his birthday is not till December 25, we figured he could have some space in between birthday and Christmas. I can not believe he is already going to be 2!!!

We found out in July that we were pregnant again with baby #2. With Connor keeping me busy and starting at a new school teaching I have not even at a moment to think about this next baby. I will say as my belly has grown I have had to restrict some of my play time with Connor to more low key and to make sure I rest when Connor rest or I am pooped. During my down time (if I ever get any) I tend to think about how it is going to be with two babies in the house. How you can possibly love another child with the same capacity but in a different way....I will soon find out in April.

This past Friday we had our 18 week ultra sound and we were able to find out we are having another baby boy!!!

Part of us was hoping for a girl because it would be different and interesting. But of course a healthy baby will be the best. I felt all along that I was having another boy just because I had all the same signs I had with Connor and sure enough I was right. When we went to the ultra sound it was such a relaxing time. I felt like I was in a spa room because they had soft music going and the lights dimmed. Connor wanted to be apart of it all and sat on the bed with me as we all watched the screen. It was the perfect moment.

This baby currently is only .49 lbs and is not a mover at all. Unlike my other child who has never stopped moving. Baby #2 seems to be calm - so I am curious how he will actually be. I am so excited to have another boy not just because boys are so much fun to raise, but for the fact that Connor will now have a brother to play with and experience life with. Connor and Baby #2 will be best friends even though they might not know it until they are older. I can not wait to see how they interact and play with each other. I can not wait to see how they take care of each other and look out for each other.

My biggest insecurity right now with raising two boys is making sure I raise them in a Christian home and make sure they lead a life for the glory of God. I hope and pray everyday that my boys will be strong Christians and lead a family that is for the Lord. It is my duty as a mother, parent, and Christian that I teach my children that God is the way, the truth, and the light. I'm not so much insecure that I can't do it, but that I do it right.

Again I can not express how happy Nick and I are right now as we plan and get our house ready for our new bundle of joy. Please pray for us on this journey!


A sibling may be the keeper of one's identity, the only person with the keys to one's unfettered, more fundamental self. ~Marian Sandmaier

No comments: