Thursday, May 23, 2013

What's Cookin For Dinner......

I have really been budgeting our food lately and planning weekly meals for us to try.  I am a very picky eater so it is very hard for me to cook things for other people that I do not like.  I'm doing better at it and really trying out flavors and learning to try new things.  In the long run I am saving us a lot more money and we are eating healthier because it is not boxed or processed foods.  Of course I've gotten a lot of them from Pinterest and then another fave site of mine is The Six Sisters Stuff.

Here are some of our favorites so far:

Crock Pot Meals: (they are awesome for our family and our busy schedules)

Crock Pot Chicken Soft Tacos - this is what I'm making tonight


Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan


Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken


Ham and Potato Casserole - (Codi's Favorite)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pesto & Cheese Stuffed Chicken





Baked Spaghetti with Cream Cheese


Roasted Garlic Lemon Shrimp (Mommy's Favorite)


Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf (The Boy's Favorite)


Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta (Nick' Favorite) - can't find the recipe right now but here is how I made it:

Cook bowtie pasta - 8oz
Cook chicken in garlic and olive oil and then pour in about 1/4 chicken broth
In a mixing bowl add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, 1/4 milk, parsley, basil, pepper to taste, Classico Alfredo Sauce Jar
Then add in chicken mixture and pasta
Pour into 2qt dish and sprinkle with parmesan
Bake at 350 for 15 min in a 2qt dish covered and another 10 min uncovered


Ham and Cheese Sliders


Sweet and Sour Meatballs


Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken



They are all great recipes!  Have fun trying them out - I promise you won't go wrong.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

The recipes look delicious! Jon just found a croc pot for me and I am so excited. Who knew Norwegians don't like croc pots? I am looking forward to trying out some of these recipes.