Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rock and Roll Bride Debut

One of my very good friends that I've known most of my life recently got married on March 5th. I have been working with Jess since the fall on getting her Save the Dates and Wedding Invitations made to fit her budget and so she could get exactly what she wanted.

If you don't know already I have done several wedding invitations for friends, including my own and I truly believe you save so much more money than ordering them through a company. The average woman spends 10% of her budget on invitations, which is ALOT. I was one of those, but I also had a very elaborate invitation.

I began just asking Jess what she was looking for: color, style, theme, look, etc. Then I started looking around for ideas and inspirations - as did Jess too. I'm no expert when it comes to Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator but that is where I like to design most of my invitations and cards because there is so much freedom and neat things that you can do and accomplish. I use to own the programs until my PC crashed and I solely just use my MAC now. My Adobe products were PC only, so I have to use them at work when I can until one day when I can afford them again.

Designing invitations can take awhile and alot of trial and error and test runs. In the end Jess and Brian were happy and I was happy with the final products.




Recently Jess and Brian's wedding was featured in Rock and Roll Bride - and Jess gave a shout out to our company - Oh Me! Boutique for designing them. (thanks!!!) I thought it would be neat to show you their wedding and how unique and beautiful it was. Also I have pictures of her invitations and Save the dates. The pictures aren't wonderful, because I'm not good a photographing, but hey I tried. ENJOY!!!!

http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/03/jess-ross-backyard-holga-wedding/

No comments: