Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Paint and more Paint

So over the New Year's weekend my parents were in town for my nephew's birthday party and we all decided it was the perfect weekend to also tackle the beginning attempts of getting the nursery complete for Caden. I picked up some paint and tools and Friday we spent the day painting away and a little bit of touch ups on Saturday.

First lets go back to square one where this room started.

When we first moved into our house the room was completely white with white closet doors. BORING! So I spruced up the room and made it into our guest room. This is what it looked like when I was done.

Once we found out we were pregnant we had to basically get rid of everything in the guest room which wasn't much (a bed, table, lamp, pictures, chair, and cedar chest). We sold the mattress, and moved the other furniture to other areas of the house. We actually will be taking the color of our guest room and painting the front piano room with that color and using the decor from the guest room for the piano room - but that will be awhile. The biggest tackle was the closest. We used our guest closet as kind of our junk closet or to hold keepsakes. Well I threw away about 5 bags of trash and have combined boxes and items. We currently have three homeless boxes that I do not have clue where to put, but I will find a spot.

YAY! Finally the room is clean. Here is the mood board I created for Caden's room.

And here is the painting job my parents and I did. When I first applied the green paint to the wall it was not what I thought it would be. Thank goodness once you add two coats and let it dry it was perfect!!! The blue paint in the closest I reused from our guest bathroom. A great way to save money!!! We ended up taking the closest doors off so the room had a bigger feel to it and more space to put furniture.




As of right now all we have is baby stuff everywhere and a glider. We are still in need of our crib, a table, a lamp, and a dresser. Our plan is to use our dresser from our room and get us a new dresser. Then I will get to painting some fun artwork and start decorating. Keep posted for updates as the progress continues. I hope to have it complete by mid February so I can have time to relax and focus on spending time with Nick and Connor before we are a family of 4.


No comments: